Nowadays, many people are watching TV in their bedrooms. One might not think that you need to connect a bedroom TV to the internet, but in some cases, it can be beneficial. Take for example a family of four with two parents and two children. The kids will want to watch their favorite show, while the adults want to watch a cooking show. The kids are on one TV and the adults are on the second TV.
1. What is Plex?
Plex is a free media player that allows you to play videos on many devices. You can use it on Xbox, Playstation, Smart TVs, or your computer. It also has channels that let you watch live TV channels and movies. The best part about Plex is the fact that it’s ad-free and very easy to use.
2. What is YTV?
It can only be accessed when your TV is connected to the internet. YTV has content from many different networks like TBS, TNT, Disney Channel, and more! It also has a DVR where you can record your favorite shows. There are no contracts. You just pay for the channels you want. Nowadays, many people are watching TV in their bedrooms.
Take for example a family of four with two parents and two children. The kids will want to watch their favorite show, while the adults want to watch a cooking show. The kids are on one TV and the adults are on the second TV. If you don’t have Wi-Fi or Ethernet cables running all over your house, then you’ll want to set up your bedroom TVs so they’re connected wirelessly to your router or modem and then use an app like Plex or YouTube TV (YTV).
3. Connect a Bedroom TV to the Internet
1. Connect your TV to the internet wirelessly. You can do this by plugging in a Wi-Fi dongle or buying a TV with built-in Wi-fi, then connecting it to your home network.
2. Download an app that allows you to watch streaming services like Netflix or Hulu on your TV screen. Services such as Plex and YTV have apps that allow you to use their service without having to invest in a Roku, Apple TV, etc.
3. Sign up for the streaming service of your choice and download the app on your TV’s operating system (i.e., Apple TV, Android TV, etc.).
4. Use the remote control to navigate through the menus until you find shows from different services like Netflix and Hulu that are available for viewing on your television set!
4. Benefits of Connecting a Bedroom TV to the Internet
One of the most obvious benefits is the ability to stream content from other devices wirelessly. Another benefit would be the ability to monitor what’s happening in your home while you’re not there. You can use an app like Nest Cam or Arlo (a security system) so you can log onto their website and see what’s going on in your house when you’re away.
5. Set up your Bedroom TVs so they’re Wirelessly Connected
If you don’t have cables running around the house, then you’ll want to connect both TVs to the same router. You can do this by using a coaxial cable with a coax connector on one end and an ethernet connector on the other end. Connect one end of the cable to the back of each TV and then plug in the other end of the cable into an open ethernet port on your router. The second TV will also need an open port for it to connect wirelessly with this device as well.
6. Find an App like Plex or YouTube TV (YTV) as your Viewing Service
The best way to connect the bedroom TV to the internet is with an app like Plex or YouTube TV (YTV). These apps allow you to access your favorite shows on any TV in the house, so you don’t have to worry about running cables everywhere.
7. Setting Up Your Wireless Network
Before you can connect your bedroom TV to the internet, you need to set up your wireless network. There are a few different ways of going about this and they depend on what type of router you have. If you have a modem and router combo, then things are pretty simple.
8. How to set up Wi-Fi or Ethernet
Second, connect your TV to the router. This can be done in one of two ways: by using an HDMI cable or a component video cable (red, green, blue). Third, you’ll want to set up your wireless network using the router’s software. The TV will search for available networks with the same name as yours, so select yours when prompted. You should now see Netflix pop up on your TV screen!
9. What You’ll Need
First, you’ll need an internet-capable TV. You’ll also need a phone, tablet, or computer to set up the wireless connection.
The second thing you’ll need is a Wi-Fi router if your modem doesn’t have Wi-Fi capabilities.
The third thing you’ll need is a Google Chromecast device. The fourth thing you’ll need is an app like Plex or YTV on your phone, tablet, or computer to connect the TV to the app for viewing content online.
And finally, you will need an HDMI cable to connect the Chromecast device to the TV and then plug it into an AC outlet for power.
Once all of these items are collected, follow these steps:
1) Plug in your router and Wi-Fi-capable modem.
2) Connect your Chromecast device to your TV with an HDMI cable and make sure that it’s plugged into an AC outlet for power.
3) Download the app onto your phone, tablet, or computer and sign in using either a free trial or by entering a credit card number (note: some apps don’t require this).
4) On the app, select what channels/channels packages you want on your bedroom TV and click on “Start Casting.” If you want Amazon Prime video on your bedroom TV, then just go ahead and download that as well right now so it’s ready when needed.
Now that you know how to do this, you’ll be able to watch TV on your bedroom TV with no problems. Plus, all of your favorite shows are just a few clicks away with online streaming services.
Don’t have any TV shows? No problem. With an app like Plex or YTV, you can watch whatever you want from live TV, on-demand, and premium channels.